Week 28 – June 17th

I guess I started writing my logs on Monday for some weeks now. I would have preferred to keep my habit of writing it on Sunday my I keep on forgetting. Not good. This last week, I fixed the memory problem on GASAL2 side. I ran it with bwa-gasal2, everything …

Week 27 – June 10th

This week has been somewhat tense in non-MSc related contents, because I had to pass the linguistic exams for the MEXT scholarship. The main focus for this week was the memory issues for re-alloc-able data structures on GASAL side. I fixed several bugs related to that, and I tested them …

Week 26 – June 3rd

I forgot to post last week. Lots of things happened! First, bwa-gasal2 is delivering good results! A diff comparison with the seedonly …

Week 24 – May 20th

Last week (week 23 – May 12th) I was on vacation. This week I didn’t do much to complete my Ph.D application. …

Week 22 – May 5th

THIS WEEK I FINALLY CAME UP WITH A WORKING VERSION OF BWA-GASAL2. And it was about time! I basically re-usedthe ksw_extend2 function …

Week 21 – April 29st

These last days, I tweaked all parameters from lr_dirty_cpu (the version of bwa-gasal2 with the alignment function replaced by the CPU one) …

Week 20 – April 21st

Note: this week has been a tad shortened due to Good Friday. I made two major things this week. First, I re-wrote …

Week 19 – April 14th

I did the following : – I implemented a resizer for all fields in GASAL2. This was, the gpu_storage structure can expand …

Week 18 – April 7th

These are the changes and tests I did during the week. – I made a correct initialization to the KSW kernel. – …